GDPR Privacy Notice
We understand that you are aware of and care about your personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously. This Privacy Notice sets forth your privacy rights and describes the policies and practices of The Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. a Mumbai, Maharashtra Corporation and its affiliates (“Fortran Steels”) regarding the collection and use of your personal data when its processing is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This Privacy Notice applies to personal data collected and used in connecting to or using a website managed by Fortran Steels, (each, a “Website”) or as a current or potential Fortran Steels, client or service provider. The Controller of your personal data is The Fortran Steels, Group with its principal place of business located at A-111, Satyam Shopping Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077, India We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any website managed by Fortran Steels, for the collection of consumer survey responses. This Privacy Notice also does not apply to personal data shared by you with, or collected by, other companies or organizations whose websites may be accessed from a Fortran Steels, Website.
Website visitors, and current and potential clients and service providers may provide us personal data. We also automatically collect information about Website visitors. We process this data to perform our contractual obligations or fulfill your requests, to comply with our legal obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests. We share personal data among Fortran Steels, group members and third parties that provide us services. You have rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access and update your data, and under certain conditions to erase it or transmit it to a third party, to restrict its processing and object to our use of your data. You can always request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing (including profiling) purposes. If you wish to exercise your rights, or have any questions or requests concerning the processing of your personal data, please use this form given in contact us page.
What personal data we collect
Fortran Steels, collects certain information about visitors to its Websites, and about its current and potential clients and service providers. This information consists of the kinds of information that can be found on a business card: name, phone number, email, subject, message, and work phone number. This personal data is required to enter into a contract with you (such as in anticipation of a services agreement) or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide services at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
We also collect information automatically and store it in log files (see “Use of Fortran Steels, Websites” and “Cookies”). We do not want, or knowingly attempt to solicit or receive, information from children under the age of 18.
How we process and protect your personal data
Fortran Steels, complies with its legal obligations, including its obligations under the GDPR, when applicable, by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards are in place to protect personal data. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know the information to provide services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Lawful grounds and purposes for processing your personal data
All processing and use of your personal data are justified by a ‘lawful ground’ for processing. The lawful grounds and the purposes of processing your personal data are as follows:
• to carry out Fortran Steels, obligations under any contracts between you or a company you represent, and Fortran Steels, including by providing services, products and after-sales support;
• to take steps to enter into a contract at your request, such as in order to fulfill your request to provide you with more detailed and relevant Fortran Steels, communications or information in a manner other than through the Website (e.g., by email) after you have completed an online form and provided contact information.
• to comply with a relevant legal obligation, such as keeping accounting records;
• as necessary for the purposes of Fortran Steels, legitimate interests to use service provider, client and website user data to conduct and develop our business activities with them and with others while limiting the use of their personal data to purposes that support the conduct and development of our business. Those purposes include:
• administering Websites, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes (for further information regarding statistical purposes please see “Website Analytics”);
• deploying resources aimed at keeping the Websites safe and secure;
• displaying content on the Websites in a manner most effective for you and your device;
• operating, evaluating, maintaining, improving and developing the website (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the website for advertising and marketing, for further information please see “Website Analytics”.
• evaluating, improving and developing our products and services generally;
• customizing our website to users’ needs;
• corresponding with users to resolve their queries or complaints;
• protecting and ensuring the security of the Websites, Fortran Steels, confidential and proprietary information, and Fortran Steels, employees;
• managing, protecting against and investigating fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations;
• sharing your personal data with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal data held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
• providing information on the Websites concerning Fortran Steels, related news, events, activities and other services; and/or
• to give you the opportunity to participate in interactive features of the Website.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and we do not sell your personal data to anyone.
We are part of the global Fortran Steel, group, and from time to time it will be necessary to share your personal data with our affiliated businesses for the purposes described above. We may also appoint third party service providers (who will operate under our instructions) to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving our products, services or the website. Fortran Steel, may share your personal data with these affiliates and third parties to perform services that the third parties have been engaged by Fortran Steel, to perform on Fortran Steels, behalf, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures, or if we believe it is reasonably necessary to prevent harm or loss, or if we believe that the disclosure will further an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities.
Fortran Steel, reserves the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal data or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
How long is your personal data kept?
We keep your personal data for as long as there is a continuing need to keep it. This need will be assessed on a regular basis and data that is no longer needed will be disposed of.
• If you have accessed Fortran Steel, Website on behalf of a person or entity with whom Fortran Steel, has a business relationship, your personal data will not be retained longer than reasonably necessary to investigate and respond to any actual or potential legal claims between Fortran Steel, and such entity in light of the relevant statute of limitation.
• If you have completed a form on Fortran Steels, Website to receive information from Fortran Steel, your personal data will be kept while you are receiving such information and for five years after you unsubscribed to such information to ensure we do not re-contact you and in order to defend us against legal claims.
• We retain personal data for other periods of time where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and when required, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Use of Fortran Steel Websites
Our Websites use technologies that enhance user friendliness and engagement, to keep the Websites operating as smoothly as possible and to provide web services and functionalities for each visitor. Examples of these technologies are cookies, pixel tags, local storage and scripts (hereinafter collectively referred to as “cookies”).
Cookies are used for a variety of purposes. For example, they calculate web statistics, provide online advertising and they improve visitor’s experience on our Websites. As your privacy is important to us, we would like to inform you about which cookies are used on our Websites, as well as why we use them.
We may use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the websites, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our websites function.
These cookies are essential in order to ensure that our Websites operate properly. They are used to save preferences, detect misuse of our Websites and services and to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps our Websites available. Certain services you may request cannot be provided without these cookies.
Website statistics cookies
These cookies are used to determine which parts of our Websites interest our visitors. This enables us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our Websites as user friendly as possible. These cookies are used to (i) keep track of the number of visitors to our web pages; (ii) keep track of the amount of time each user spends on our web pages; (iii) determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our Websites; (iv) assess which parts of the Websites need to be changed; and (v) optimize the Websites. For further information on statistical analysis see “Website Analytics”.
We require statistical information about the usage of our websites to design them to be user-friendlier and improve our services. For this purpose, we use the web analysis tools described in this section below. The providers of the tools process data only as data processors on our behalf and subject to our instructions. The usage profiles created by these tools using cookies or by evaluating so-called server log files (see above) are not combined with personal data; in particular, the tools either do not collect IP addresses or anonymize these upon collection.
You will find information on each tool’s provider and how you are able to object to the collection and processing of data by the tool. Please note that tools may use so-called opt out cookies in order to remember your objection. This opt out function relates to a device or browser and is thus valid for the terminal device or browser used at this time. In case you use several terminal devices or browsers you must opt out on every device and in every browser used.
Do not track requests
Fortran Steel, does not track Website visitors when they cross to third party websites, and Fortran Steel, does not provide targeted advertising to such visitors, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Updating your personal data and your rights
You can always update your personal information or contact us with questions. You may request that we stop processing your personal information for direct marketing (including profiling) purposes by clicking on the available “unsubscribe” link.
Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
As Fortran Steels, services change from time to time, this Privacy Notice is expected to change as well. We will give notice to you prior to amending this Privacy Notice in a way that materially affects you or has an impact on you. Please check our Websites frequently to see the current Privacy Notice that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.