The Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. is a committed leader in manufacture of hot rolled and structural steel products and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. This Privacy Notice describes the policies and practices of The Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. with its principal place of business located at A-111, Satyam Shopping Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077, India and its affiliates Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. regarding personal information collected and used in connecting to or using a website managed by Fortran Steels, or as a current or potential Fortran Steels, client or service provider. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any website managed by Fortran Steels, for the collection of consumer survey responses or other consumer information, or to the processing of personal data governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or to personal information shared by you with, or collected by, other companies or organizations whose websites may be accessed from an Fortran Steels, Website. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you do not agree with our Privacy Notice, please do not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice (see Changes and Updates to the Privacy Notice). Your continue use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.The Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. is a committed leader in manufacture of hot rolled and structural steel products and we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. This Privacy Notice describes the policies and practices of The Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. with its principal place of business located at A-111, Satyam Shopping Centre, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400077, India and its affiliates Fortran Steels, Pvt. Ltd. regarding personal information collected and used in connecting to or using a website managed by Fortran Steels, or as a current or potential Fortran Steels, client or service provider. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any website managed by Fortran Steels, for the collection of consumer survey responses or other consumer information, or to the processing of personal data governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or to personal information shared by you with, or collected by, other companies or organizations whose websites may be accessed from an Fortran Steels, Website. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. If you do not agree with our Privacy Notice, please do not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will, from time to time, update this Privacy Notice (see Changes and Updates to the Privacy Notice). Your continue use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
What personal information we collect
Fortran Steels, collects certain information about visitors to its Websites, and about its current and potential clients and service providers. This information consists of the kinds of information that can be found on a business card: first name, last name, job title, employer name, work address, work email, and work phone number. This personal information is required to enter into a contract with you (such as in anticipation of a services agreement) or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide services at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
We also collect information automatically and store it in log files (see “Use of Fortran Steels, Website” and “Cookies and Web Beacons”). We do not want, or knowingly attempt to solicit or receive, information from children under the age of 18.
How we protect your personal information
Fortran Steels, has implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect personal information. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who need to know the information. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
How we use your personal information
The purposes for processing your personal information are to:
• carry out Fortran Steels, obligations under any contracts between you or a company you represent, and Fortran Steels, including by providing services, products and after-sales support;
• take steps to enter into a contract at your request, such as in order to fulfill your request to provide you with more detailed and relevant Fortran Steels, communications or information in a manner other than through the Website (e.g., by email) after you have completed an online form and provided contact information.
• comply with a relevant legal obligation, such as keeping accounting records;
• use service provider, client and Website user data to conduct and develop our business activities with them and with others while limiting the use of their personal information to purposes that support the conduct and development of our business. Those purposes include:
• administer Websites, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes (for further information regarding statistical purposes please see “Website Analytics”);
• deploy resources aimed at keeping the Websites safe and secure;
• display content on the Websites in a manner most effective for you and your device;
• operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the Website (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the Website and for advertising and marketing, for further information please see “Website Analytics” and “Advertising/Targeting”);
• evaluate, improve and develop our products and services generally;
• customize our Website to users’ needs;
• correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints;
• to protect and ensure the security of the Websites, Fortran Steels, confidential and proprietary information, and Fortran Steels, employees;
• manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations;
• share your personal information with third parties in connection with potential or actual sale of our company or any of our assets, or those of any affiliated company, in which case personal information held by us about our users may be one of the transferred assets;
• provide information on the Websites concerning Fortran Steels, related news, events, activities and other services; and/or
• give you the opportunity to participate in interactive features of the Website.
How we share your personal information
Your personal information will be treated as strictly confidential, and we do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with:
• Affiliates – We are part of the global Fortran Steels, group, and from time to time it will be necessary to share your personal information with our corporate affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to this Notice.
• Service Providers – We may also disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, technology and other service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, or are engaged with us. For example, we use service providers to assist us in providing information, products or services to you, in conducting and managing our business, or in managing and improving our products, services or the Website. These service providers are allowed to access and use the information we make available to them only as needed to perform their functions and for no other purposes, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions and security measures.
• Business Transfers – If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process – We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a legal proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others – We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Privacy Notice, or as evidence in litigation in which Fortran Steels, is involved.
Fortran Steels, reserves the right to share any information that you provide which is not deemed personal information or is not otherwise subject to contractual restrictions.
How long your personal information is kept
We keep your personal information for as long as there is a continuing need to keep it. This need will be assessed on a regular basis and data that is no longer needed will be deleted.
If you have accessed Fortran Steels, Website on behalf of a person or entity with whom Fortran Steels, has a business relationship, your personal information will not be retained longer than reasonably necessary to investigate and respond to any actual or potential legal claims between Fortran Steels, and such entity in light of the relevant statute of limitation.
If you have completed a form on Fortran Steels, Website to receive information from Fortran Steels, your personal information will be kept while you are receiving such information and for five years after you unsubscribed to such information (or such shorter period as may be required by applicable law) to ensure we do not re-contact you and in order to defend us against legal claims.
We retain personal information for other periods of time where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
If we wish to use your personal information for a new purpose not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and when required, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Use of Fortran Steels, Websites
Cookies and web beacons
Our Websites use technologies that enhance user friendliness and engagement, to keep the Websites operating as smoothly as possible and to provide web services and functionalities for each visitor. Examples of these technologies are cookies, pixel tags, local storage and scripts (hereinafter collectively referred to as “cookies”). Cookies are used for a variety of purposes. For example, they calculate web statistics, provide online advertising and they improve visitor’s experience on our Websites. As your privacy is important to us, we would like to inform you about which cookies are used on our Websites, as well as why we use them.
We may use the following types of cookies on our Websites:
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our websites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Websites, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our Websites function.
These cookies are essential in order to ensure that our Websites operate properly. They are used to save preferences, detect misuse of our Websites and services and to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps our Websites available. Certain services you may request cannot be provided without these cookies.
Website statistics cookies
These cookies are used to determine which parts of our Websites interest our visitors. This enables us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our Websites as user friendly as possible. These cookies are used to (i) keep track of the number of visitors to our web pages; (ii) keep track of the amount of time each user spends on our web pages; (iii) determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our Websites; (iv) assess which parts of the Websites need to be changed; and (v) optimize the Websites. For further information on statistical analysis see “Website Analytics”.
Social media cookies
How to manage cookies
If you do not want our Websites to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
Please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies, you will be able to access our Websites but we cannot guarantee that they will function properly. It may be that several functions will be unavailable to you or that you will even be unable to view certain parts of the Websites.
Please note that you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. Moreover, such methods will not work with respect to certain non-cookie online tracking technologies.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
We require statistical information about the usage of our Websites to design them to be user-friendlier and improve our services. For this purpose, we use the web analysis tools described in this section below. The providers of the tools process data only on our behalf and subject to our instructions. The usage profiles created by these tools using cookies or by evaluating so-called server log files (see above) are not combined with personal information; in particular, the tools either do not collect IP addresses or anonymize these upon collection.
You will find information on each tool’s provider and how you are able to object to the collection and processing of data by the tool below. Please note that tools may use so-called opt out cookies in order to remember your objection. This opt out function relates to a device or browser and is thus valid for the terminal device or browser used at this time. In case you use several terminal devices or browsers you must opt out on every device and in every browser used.
Do not track requests
Fortran Steels, does not track Website visitors when they cross to third party Websites, and Fortran Steels, does not provide targeted advertising to such visitors, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Updating your personal information and your rights
You can always update your personal information or contact us with questions. You may request that we stop processing your personal information for direct marketing (including profiling) purposes by clicking on the available “unsubscribe” link.
Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
This Notice is current as of the Last Updated date set forth above. We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Privacy Notice on our Website. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you here, by sending you an email at the address you have provided, or by means of a posting a notice on the Website home page prior to the change becoming effective.